THE BASICS ABOUT MONOGRAMS
Monogramming is a little added luxury that can make a beautiful impression and enhance a gift. Leatherology offers two font styles (Helvetica, Old Style) and three kinds of monogramming (blind deboss, 22k gold foil, and silver foil). Most items can be monogrammed for $10 - $12. However, depending on item and deboss type, monogram fees can range from $5 - $22 for larger gift sets.
You will be given the option to monogram your product on the item detail page. Although most items from Leatherology are monogrammable, some cannot be, depending on the construction of the style or the leather type. If the item you have selected is not available for personalization, we recommend choosing a different leather or style. Our Customer Care Team is also happy to help and can be reached at 1.800.818.4478 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Not all mongorams are created equally. We use a traditional deboss technique in which the letters and foil are stamped deeply into the surface of the leather, leaving a lasting impression. Our in-house artisans deboss each item individually with your initials. This is a time-intensive process that is very different than monograms that are lasered on by machine.
OUR FONT STYLES
Leatherology offers two classic typefaces to choose from, shown below. You can monogram up to 5 characters per item - capital letters, numbers, and the following symbols: period (.), apostrophe ('), comma (,), and ampersand (&). Please note that 1/4" or 1/2" font sizes are usually preselected for your item.
ABOUT OUR DEBOSSING
This process involves indenting/hot
GOLD FOIL DEBOSSING (22k)
This process involves stamping 22k gold
SILVER FOIL DEBOSSING
This process involves stamping silver
A FEW MORE THINGS
- Most items can be monogrammed for $10 - $12. However, depending on item and deboss type, monogram fees can range from $5 - $22 for larger gift sets.
- Regrettably, since monogrammed items are customized for each individual customer, they cannot be returned or exchanged.
- Mongrammed items do not require any additional processing time. Our artisans do everything in-house!
- Some leather types will darken in the area where blind debossed.
- Based on the finish, style, and features of the leather piece, we have pre-selected the font size and placement of the personalization.