Information Security Analyst, DC International
Our parent company, DC International, is looking for a talented Information Security Analyst to join our team and be responsible for maintaining all information security protocols and data protection for our e-commerce website and internal computer systems. DC International is the parent company of two direct-to-consumer e-commerce websites, Leatherology (www.leatherology.com) and The Cover Store (www.the-cover-store.com). The position duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Plan, implement, upgrade and monitor all security measures for the complete protection of company’s computer networks and retail PHP platform for e-commerce websites for company’s products of leather accessories and patio furniture covers.
- Monitor and manage Linux and Nginx server logs and traffic patterns to prevent application and network level cyber attacks; analyze vulnerability reports from MacAfee and Rackspace IDS and install security patches for Linux.
- Ensure appropriate security controls are in place that will safeguard digital files and all vital electronic infrastructure using Norton.
- Install and use firewalls and data encryption programs to protect sensitive information.
- Monitor virus reports to determine when updates are needed, and respond to computer and server security breaches and viruses.
- Check for internal violations of computer security procedures and notify management and determine procedures for preventing by training users and promoting security best practices.
- Regularly perform risk assessments of our data processing systems to ensure compliance.
- Develop ad hoc reports to share with administrators about the efficiency of security policies and recommend any changes using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
1.Master’s degree in computer science or information technology management
2.6 months experience in:
- web server management on Linux and Nginx platforms,
- monitoring retail PHP platforms for e-commerce websites
- using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
Merchandising and Sales Intern, Leatherology
Leatherology, a direct-to-consumer retailer of personalizable leather goods, is looking for a talented individual with a love for e-commerce to be our Summer 2017 Intern. You should be that rare combination of creative and analytical, love leather goods, be extremely organized, detail oriented, and think creatively in order to grow the business. This internship will expose you to the inner workings of an e-commerce business. If you’ve ever wondered about the entire process—from product concept, to planning, product photography, marketing, online advertising, web design, warehousing, and order fulfillment—you will have the opportunity to learn about it all.
This position involves, but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Assisting on photoshoots, procuring website photography and managing website photo content
- Working with our merchandisers to analyze product performance using analytical tools
- Conducting frequent usability testing and auditing of our websites
- Brainstorming new product ideas
- Assisting with the development of web content and social media
- Updating our personalization standards and learning our personalization process
- Organizing the sample room, filing and other projects as needed
- College student or recent graduate studying merchandising or related field
- Available minimum 3-4 days a week
- You live and breathe e-commerce. Almost all of your shopping is now done online and you have strong opinions about what makes for a great online shopping experience.
- Go-getter spirit coupled with a belief that every problem is a potential learning opportunity
- Outstanding eye for detail, keen sense of design, and great organizational skills
- Creative, self-motivated, able to take initiative and work well in teams or individually
- Positive attitude, high energy, and an eagerness to learn
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Microsoft office skills (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)