Leatherology is redefining simple, everyday luxury, through its collection of superior quality everyday leather essentials that are colorful, timeless and simple to personalize. You will rarely see our logo on the front of our products, because our brand isn’t the focus of the story— you are. We want each customer to make our items their own, through monograms, company logos, slogans or even the occasional hashtag.
Our mission today is to offer the best selection of premium leather goods available online—timeless items that can be personalized with a monogram or company logo—and beautifully packaged as a gift to yourself or someone else. We offer an extensive range of full-grain leather personal, travel, business, tech, home, gift, and daily accessories for both men and women.
Leatherology has been featured in Vogue, Forbes, Fast Company, Business Insider, D Magazine, and more. Join our team of energetic and passionate individuals and work in a dynamic, growing, and entrepreneurial environment. Learn more at www.leatherology.com.
Leatherology, an online-only retailer of personalizable leather goods, is looking for a talented individual with a love for ecommerce to join our team as Associate Category Manager. You will synthesize information and data from multiple touch points to drive business solutions in a fast-paced ecommerce retail environment. Your intuition and expertise are fueled by data, thoughtful design, and, above all, a passion for retail. You will be the category expert who transfers market and customer knowledge into business building ideas and concepts. You must love leather goods, be extremely organized, and think creatively in order to grow the business.
This position involves, but is not limited to, the following duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and execute overall strategic plans for Men’s, Small Leather Goods, and Professional Categories that align with Leatherology and DC International company’s ecommerce strategy and financial goals.
- Responsible for the category sales, margin and ensuring profitable growth of the categories.
- Communicate category/promotional plans to ensure desired service levels and optimum inventory positions are achieved to meet sales and marketing initiatives.
- Create, manage, and execute assortment plans and product development roadmap.
- Oversee onboarding of new product sizes and styles within category including initial concepts, product development, marketing plans, initial sales forecasting, product launch and post launch analysis.
- Initiate and facilitate communication with all other departments to include marketing, IT, graphic design, operations, and the factory to execute planned vision and achieve goals.
- Demonstrate and maintain up-to-date expertise in merchandising industry and apply this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans.
- Monitor and respond to opportunities, risks and market trends based on detailed analysis of historical data and competitive analysis.
- Identify and propose business solutions for growth within category based on internal and external research and analysis.
- Collaborate with Marketing to develop promotional strategies and provide business insights such as product analysis, market trends, customer behavior, seasonality and inventory analysis.
- Forecast, monitor and maintain inventory stock levels within the category to maximize sales and profit. Decide on shipment method to maximize sales and margin.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 5 years of experience in retail and/or ecommerce category management.
- Minimum 5 years proven experience in merchandising, forecasting and analyzing product categories.
- Strong understanding of retail inventory management, sales analysis, and marketing.
- Demonstrated in depth knowledge of ecommerce best practices and on-site merchandising.
- Ability to make critical business decisions by analyzing large data sets. Strong strategic and analytical thinking.
- High level of MS Office knowledge, particularly in Excel and Power Point. Proficient in Excel especially for data manipulation and analytics. Excel skills to include advanced formulas, (Vlookup, concatenate, etc), charting, conditional formatting, pivot tables and macros, filters, sorting, importing and exporting.
- Excellent project management skills and experience managing multiple conflicting priorities.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize, multitask, and manage deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional credibility.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Enthusiastic and driven worker with a passion for ecommerce.
- Strong understanding of what will sell and what constitutes good design.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Ability to view a computer screen and type
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds
This job is in an office environment with a general M-F 8:30-6:00 work week. Occasional overtime for peak season or project completion may be required.
To apply, please submit your application here.