Types of Information Collected
Information you provide to us:
When you use our Service, we collect information you provide directly to us to identify you. For example, we collect information when you create an account, make a purchase, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, billing and shipping address, phone number, payment information, site reviews you write and any other information you choose to provide. We may also maintain a record of your product purchases. Please note that we do not store credit or debit card numbers, but you may elect for our payment processor to store your card information on your behalf.
Please note that if you submit content to a public area of the site (user reviews, user generated content and photos, etc.), such content will be considered “public” and will not be subject to the privacy protections set forth herein.
We may also collect information from you in regards to how our Service is accessed and used ("Usage Data"). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, the location of your device, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookie Data
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service. Examples of Cookies we use include:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our website.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Information from other sources:
Use of information
We use the information we collect from you for various purposes, including:
- To provide, maintain and improve our Services
- To process your transaction, send you transactional emails and notices related to your order, and to deliver the products and services you request.
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to
- To provide customer care and support
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Service
- To monitor the usage of the Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues and prevent potentially illegal activities
- To communicate with you about products, services, and promotions that may be of interest to you
- To personalize advertisements, content or features that match your profile or interests
Sharing of information and Data
- With Vendors, consultants and other third-party service providers we trust who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf, and to perform Service-related services to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. These third-parties have access your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
- With other users on our website if you choose to post a public review and include personal information;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among DC International-owned family of brands, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership.
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process; including:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of DC International
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
From time to time, we share customer information with carefully screened third-party marketing services partners in order to deliver you advertising tailored to your interests. This information includes your name, postal address, and summary purchase information. You may request at any time that we do not share your information with these third parties by emailing us at [email protected]
Advertising and Analytics
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
Security of Data
We take security seriously and make every effort to protect your personal information. When you purchase something from our Website, we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software to guard the information you provide us. SSL encrypts certain purchasing information you input. We do not store credit card information on any computers, but rather use tokenization process to ensure your purchase is secured.
Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your information, to the extent permitted by law, we do not guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or from our web sites, and you do so at your own risk. We do not accept liability for unintentional disclosure.
By using the Site or providing Personal Information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Site. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically or via mail.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving marketing emails from Leatherology by following the instructions to unsubscribe, that are listed in the emails. If you opt-out of promotional emails, we may still need to send you non-promotional emails, such as ones confirming your purchase transactions. Please note that requests to remove your email from our email marketing list may take up to a week to take effect.
You may opt out of receiving direct mail pieces from Leatherology by contacting [email protected] and asking to be removed from our catalog list. Please note that it may take up to 8-12 weeks to remove your name from our direct mail list and stop receiving catalogs, as print mailers are sent to print far in advance of their in-home dates.
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Links to Other Sites